How to Access Functions.php | Video
What is Functions.php
WordPress offers extensive customization to your wordpress website. You can edit functionality, looks any way you want to by inserting your own code in the “functions.php” of your wordpress website.
Functions.php comes with the theme and as it is suggested by name, it stores theme’s functions. You can customize your website by manipulating functions.php’s code.. There are two ways you can access the functions.php. It can be either access by a FTP client or it can be accessed in wordpress’s administrator dashboard through browser.
Access functions.php By Using a FTP Client
- Open FTP client, Connect to your website by providing FTP Login credentials.
- Locate Functions.php by going to the directory below:
[WordPress Website’s Root]> wp-content > Themes > [current_theme_name] > functions.php.
- Download the functions file and update the file with required code.
- Upload the file to replace the theme’s function.php with changes made to the file.
Access functions.php Through WordPress Dashboard
- Sign-in to your WordPress administrator account.
- From sidebar, Select “Appearance > Editor”
- Select the theme from “Select theme to edit” drop-down menu.
- Under “Theme Files”, “Templates” section, Find and click “Themes Functions (functions.php)”.
- Click “Update File” After Making the required updates to the file and to save the changes made to the functions file.