Reset WordPress Website Password
by Waqas Yousaf
There are tons of queries on different freelancing sites where clients post queries likes password hacked or password forgotten and I need to recover this password. Resetting wordpress password is something you should must know if you are running a wordpress website.
Okey! Having said that, you should have access to your website’s database manager which is phpmyadmin most of the times. You can access phpmyadmin from your Cpanel account.
- Click phpmyadmin
- Select your wordpress’ database. (if you don’t know your database name, then look it up into w-config.php file in root)
- Open users table with prefix (which is rh_ in my case)
- Look for the user you are going after and click edit
- You’ll see some gibberish text written in user_pass field’s value column. Don’t worry. Just write in your new password in value column.
- Click on the function drop down and select MD5
- Click go
Thants it you have just reseted the password. I have also made a video about in. Check it out
December 6, 2017
December 5, 2017
April 4, 2017